***Warning long post***
- Write a breakdown of what is owed & to who
- Develop a monthly plan on how to pay & to whom ( A Budget)
- Develop a comprehensive budget & stick to it
- Start a savings fund(Emergency Fund), RRSP, TFSA, and a Down Payment Fund (For House)
- Pay tithes 10% of income (gross not net) Have been doing so since Aug 2010. Malachai 3:1
- Start an emergency fund containing $1000 then 3-6 months of expenses once the other steps are done.
- Pay down debt, 12K includes Student loans, Credit Cards, Vacation etc. (that I went on 2weeks before being let go from job)
- Learn about what is needed to get into shape to get a mortgage, investments, RRSP, LLP’s, basically time to grow up and get my finances in order.
- Start a spending diary (May do online not sure)
- Stop lending/borrowing money
- Start investing
- Pay bills regularly, more than minimums, ( no more of “those” calls)
- Develop a “zero budget”
- Get Dave Ramsey’s book and other finance books to become more educated about my money.
- Stop spending everything
- Don’t stress once it’s gone: Money is there for enjoyment as well, you are allowed to have fun and have new things even if you are in debt, just have be wise about what you get and if you do spend it no more buyers remorse.. Because I am worth it and deserve it.