**Warning very long post**
Okay took a look at an old list of “Resolutions from 2002 and I’m sad to say and (somewhat depressed) that some of them are still hanging around, some of them were achieved so I’m thinking this is the year for the rest to succeed. So here it goes.
HEALTH GOALS: Weight as of Jan 8th,2011 180lbs (Lost 10lbs between Oct-Dec)
- Lose Weight (would like to lose 70lbs by 35th birthday)
- exercise 25mins to an hour 3x weekly or more ( flexibility ball, walking, pilates, kick boxing, workout videos, resistance bands, get weights and maybe a wii or kinect)
- Moderate junk food ( continue pattern of only having junk food once a month chips & dark chocolate)
- Start dancing again ( around the house, maybe join a class like zumba)
- Eat more healthy (started in 2010 but will continue with new way of eating (combined eating)
- Eat 3 Meals a day and 2 snacks (smaller portions)
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
- Keep shopping healthy (avoid processed foods)
- Eat more fruit & veggies
- Continue to eat at home and bring food and snacks everywhere I go.
- Don’t focus on weight #’s but focus on size of clothing and how I feel.
- Keep controlling migraines & asthma (pretty much non-existent as of Jan 2011)
- get physical
- avoid triggers
- stick to eating healthy
- learn how to deal with stress effectively
- get on a proper sleep schedule (hard one for me I’m a night owl have been since I worked graveyard and reactivated when worked on-call for previous job.
- Learn french
- Start taking courses to achieve a degree still not sure in what (want a degree in something)
- learn stress management
- Get drivers license again had G2 ( then lost it too busy working to complete it) now back at G1 good thing that this time I can achieve in 6 months instead of taking 3 yrs. (Graduated licensing doesn’t apply)
- Start journaling again (started blogging again, and offline again as well.)
- Learn about likes/dislikes, interests etc. (what makes me tick, drives me) been so busy just trying to live that haven’t been living if that makes any sense so it’s time to discover me.
- Spend quality time w/me 1 hr a day/Sunday no computer or one other day of the week.
- Become more social ( not such a homebody)
- Volunteer somewhere (Big Sisters, Habitat for Humanity, Food Drive I’m leaning towards Big Sister(s) as they were very instrumental in my growing up and help become who I am)
- Continue to participate in household management ( cleaning 15mins a day) I’m a clutter-holic and I need to do this so my room doesn’t start to look like an episode of hoarders.
- Read more ( 1-2 books a week, 4 a month or more, read more Christian material) Catch up on magazines reading and give them away once done. Read best seller list.
- Continue daily learning ( learn something new everyday)
“God grant me serenity to accept the people, things, & situations, I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference”
- Develop closer ties w/both parents, brother, future sis in law, nieces and nephews.
- Develop more “back bone” when it comes to the above mentioned people, as well as learning the word “NO” and when to use it.
- Bank of Tina Marie is Closed!
- Don’t let anyone walk over you, stand up for yourself.
- Stop worrying (worry is a sin)
- Develop some healthy relationships (friendships)
- Remain honest
- Continue on working on fear of rejection, disappointment, abandonment, and failure.
- learn how to forgive and not be resentful.
- Develop a “Backbone” when it comes to voicing opinions/ideas.
- Stop double guessing decisions made about professional life/ start trusting your knowledge/instincts.
- Work on enhancing skills.
- Develop a confidence in accomplishing tasks.
- Think positive.
- Stop wearing rose coloured glasses (not everyone has your best interests at heart)
- Work on enhancing knowledge of next industry that I’m going to be working in.
- Learn to network in order to grow professionally and obtain a mentor in my office.
- Make a monthly objective of goals & targets would like to meet on a month to month basis.
- Continue developing my personal webpage/blog.
- Meet deadlines.
- Be reliable, trust worthy (do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it), I’m already like that but continue to do so.
- Get something published
- Don’t get involved in company drama ( inter-office politics)
- Keep a dream/prayer/gratitude journal to learn what God is trying to tell me and give me insight into subconscious.
- Stop worrying, stressing over things I have no control over.
- keep working on me & getting myself ready for love ( work on issues)
- Stress management.
- Stop pushing down my feelings & thoughts learn how to express them in some way whether it be blogging, journaling, poetry, painting, photography.
- Be more flexible not everything is going to happen when I want it to.
- Stop being scared of life.
- Cherish each day.
- Stop over analyzing everything.
SPIRITUAL GOALS: (Last but not least & the most important)
- Start a daily prayer life (spend more one on one time w/God!)
- Start daily devotional, not just reading them but applying them to life as well.
- Continue to attend church regularly (have been attending Sudbury Victory Centre since July 2010.)
- Share myself spiritually (testimony, praying for others, witnessing, blogging)
- Attend a small group ( have been since Oct 2010, Battlefield of the Mind: Joyce Meyers.)
- Participate more in community
- Gain more spiritual friends w/ the same beliefs as myself.
- Read & Listen & Watch more spiritual uplifting things.
- Develop spiritual communication to people around me.
- Listen to podcast (s) daily at night instead of online TV and during exercises ( if not using workout videos or music)
- Read 2 books a week on Christian living.
- Develop alone time w/God in the morning before work.
- Read the Bible all the way through well at least the new testament, Proverbs, Psalms.
The last year was not easy I lost my job Jan 29th,2010 and have been struggling with loss of confidence in my abilities as I have not been able to gain employment and I have actively been trying since April 2010 off and on when a good position and intensely since Oct 2010, am beginning to worry that I going to have to settle or worse get 2 jobs to make ends meet and make my goals.