P.S. This is going to be a long one, I know when are they not.
Okay I can’t do a post about this conference without talking about God/My faith. Because it was a women’s conference for my church (Ontario) and it was amazing I feel so free after last weekend yikes it was just last weekend I learned so much and I want to share.. It was biblical based but there was a lot of practical things that could be applied to all women’s lives not just women of faith. So I hope you give this post a chance and see if there is something or all of it that can be applied to your life. I know I have started to apply it to mine
I’ll be honest I don’t know what to expect from these conferences I am not at the same level as most of these women of God. Maybe one day but right now not even close to where they are in their walk with God, but that is okay because like life we are all different and we all are at different levels in our Growth.
The theme of this years conference and for Victory Churches this year is Eph 3:20 Msg
God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
An amazing woman and I am so blessed that she is one of the mentors in my life, she is so down to earth and easy to talk to, hard to believe that she helps organize some of the biggest missions in the world. If you have a minute check out some of the work that they are doing across this world.. I am proud that I am a member of a church that cares so deeply. Okay enough with the gushing, onto what this weekend was about.
It’s going to be hard to point form what this weekend was about because it was so many things and all of them important that I truly don’t know where to start. She had a different topic for each meeting, but they all tied in to the great theme of living an above and beyond life as women of God. I am a big note taker I like being able to go back and reread what my interpretation of the speakers subject and how I understood it in my own words. I wrote like 16 pages of notes over 5 meetings so condensing this into bite size pieces is going to be really hard.
Thurs night: “We need to live at the top, live with “emotion” not just go through the motions”
- Do not seek things > Seek the Lord and things will follow you : diligently follow the Lord
- Wrong road never becomes the right road.
- GPS: Is like God’s word you take His promises (directions) punch into your heart & mind what God’s word is listen & obey: He will show you the way to go, If you miss the turn He will show you the right way ( God of the 1st,2nd, chance.)
- Reading daily devotions: Get into the word daily so we can be fed fresh bread daily, and not stale bread we need fresh bread from heaven daily.
- Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression
- Do the thing that is needful: not many (stop being a Martha Stewart)
- The men & women of the bible are not just stories but can be mentors in our walk in life.
- How to do a daily devotion:
- Take your time, devote some time to it, decide when is the best time for you to do it.
- Have your bible and a journal/notebook at hand
- If your not sure what verse to read have a daily devotional book at hand read that then the verse, read till something pops out at you.
- Write that down, then try to analyze what He is trying to tell you.
- Apply it in your life.
- Turn it into a prayer.
- God is not the problem: why your prayers aren’t being answered you are in your own way, what’s blocking your prayers from reaching God’s ears.
- Highest prayer is not about self enrichment but kingdom expansion: Kingdom purposes
- Man looks on the countenance of the person praying : God looks at the heart, God doesn’t like lip service.
- When you are hindered by things of sin run to God not away from Him
- Highest Prayer involves these 1o things
- Repenting: forgive yourself or others, sins known or unknown.
- Pray word prayers: pray from your heart, what do you see in the spirit, before you can cease it. (If you can’t see it, you can’t cease it: You have to be able to close your eyes & see it)
- Get your mind renewed: The word enter your heart, you then need to speak it out, Out of the abundance of your heart.
- Pray in the Spirit: According to the will of God, pray in God’s heavenly language (mysteries to man, but not to God)
- Do you know what happens when we pray: Sometimes our time is not God’s time (Wait on God)
- Expect Results: Sow and expect results, expect a return, if you don’t sow you don’t reap, (sow seeds: prayers, things, finances: (We need to be prosperous: expect a harvest)
- Pray Scripture: Issiah 55:11
- Have Agreement: Have a partner who will pray with you and agree for your prayers in the midst of them.
- Pray according to His will: What soever we ask ( In His Will), Patience is what we need, wait for God to come through. ( It might not be the way we expected or wanted but we always get answers)
- God rewards your highest prayers: You pray in secret/He Rewards you Openly
- We keep looking under the loom of the tapestry that God is weaving, instead of the tapestry on top that is being weaved. Stop focusing on the problems but instead of the final purpose.
- The person you marry can either be a hindrance to your walk or a blessing.
- It doesn’t matter what you have done, but how you finish things.
- Feel it: A vision that comes from God will not leave you, it will plague you/never leave you. (Hazel says that everything she has done she has done because she has FELT it to her core, that it was more then an emotional thing/not just a momentarily empathy but it was so deep in her she couldn’t shake it. (Some are called to be facilitator’s: to start things then to pass them on to someone to finish)
- Find: Find what it is that God has really called you to do. Sometimes we talk too much, not always supposed to blab everything that God reveals to you & puts in your heart. Learn what to share and when (boundaries). Ask yourself these questions about your destiny. What desire has been in you, most of your life? What drives you forward even when you are tired? What do I do, that does not feel like work? People that don’t find their destiny are not happy people.
- Follow It: Write the vision Hab 2. It’s gonna need you and others, God’s timing, not yours, follow diligently. (Fear is the thing that can stop you from following your visions/destiny: Overcome fear/Trust God). Do all you know how you know what to do and let God do what only He can do.
- Fulfill It: We have to stay focused on what God has told us what to do. Life is made up of seasons: you won’t have just one vision/purpose/destiny, you may have many purposes/visions that you need to fulfill. You will have many failures, but you will will have many more chances to fulfill your vision/purpose. (NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM!!) You can do what you are called to whether you are single or not, with or without a man/woman in your life.
- If you are faithful with the little, you will get much.
- Give according to your ability, don’t compare yourself to other people.
- If God gave it to you , you must use it to your best ability: Use it/ Step up and be willing.
- Sow what you have and you will reap more.
- Every time you sow a seed expect a multiplication
- Multiply your good works by sowing into good works.
- Favour God’s righteous cause by giving to the kingdom: micro-loans to women from 3rd world countries, missions, church planting, tithe,
- When god prospers us , we must magnify through our prosperity. He is magnified by us giving.
- He teaches us to sow: Offering/Tithe: You don’t see it again in the same form > Trusting that it will reap a harvest >You don’t know how a harvest is gonna come > If you sow you reap> Creative power of multiplication is us the seed. (Prosperity is progressive it doesn’t happen overnight and it doesn’t always refer to financial, you can be prosperous in many other ways besides financial such as with health, relationships, spiritually, gifts, etc)
- You have to break the poverty mentality: First tattoo on mind then tattoo on body (chinese saying) in other words that if we believe internally it’s going to show externally. If you go around looking defeated people will start to treat you like you are defeated. Expose yourself to experiences: Experience something different ie. go to the expensive restaurant for tea if you can’t afford the supper, go a cultural place, don’t limit yourself based on your circumstances now, but of what they could be. Don’t seek things, they will seek you.
- Start with the tithe. In offering we sow, we establish His covenant with Us. You are going to have to do the work.
- Our tithe is the connector to His covenant, gives us the power to get wealth.
- He is the one that will make me rich: Don’t look to people. Trust God for your needs ( He will bring the right people, places, things, ideas that will cause you to prosper)
- If you do it in God’s way you will prosper.
- God wants you to have nice things, but not for things to have you. (Debt, Greed, Keeping up with the Joneses).